This simple insalata caprese is a new summer staple. Everything about this salad is just so fresh and packed with flavor. Just a lot of diced roma tomatoes and a bag of arugula, tossed with some good olive oil and a little bit of salt and pepper, YUM!
To add in a bit of more flavor and color (err white is not a color lol) to the salad, add in a few fresh mini balls of mozzarella cheese. The Ciliegine baby mozzarella balls are my fave!
Don’t get fooled that you won’t be full from this salad because you will, trust me! Add in a few slices of paper thin prosciutto di parma and you’ll have the ultimate summer salad!
Perfect for lunch or a late-afternoon dinner for two :)
Hope you’re having a fantastic evening! What’s on your dinner menu tonight?
Insalata Caprese with Prosciutto and Arugula (slightly adapted from The Tasteful Life)
- 6 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- fresh Ciliegine Mozzarella Cheese
- Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 small Lemon
- Olive oil for tossing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice roma tomatoes.
- Cube the ciliegine mozzarella cheese or leave whole.
- In a medium bowl, toss the diced tomatoes and arugula with olive oil and the juice of one lemon.
- Place the tossed arugula on plates or bowls.
- Arrange however many slices of prosciutto di parma around the edge of the plate.
- Eat and enjoy!